Last updated June 22nd, 2020
I hope you and your family members are healthy as we confront the COVID-19 crisis.
Because you are a valued friend, we want to tell you what Lilliput is doing and how you
We Remain a Safe Haven
Lilliput’s dedication to our children, youth and families continues. Our programs are fully staffed and running without interruption, although we have quickly pivoted to meet the needs of clients in flexible ways. We provide essential services and a critical safety net for many children, families and seniors caring for children in our communities. We are their safe haven. And they need us now, more than ever.
I’m writing because we need YOU now more than ever to join us during this unprecedented time.
How You Can Help
For 40 years, we have challenged ourselves and others to step up and stand in the gap for families in need. We have successfully weathered many economic storms. We are confident that Lilliput will emerge from this crisis as an even stronger organization that continues to lead and innovate. Most important, Lilliput will continue to be a place for those who have nowhere else to turn.
If you are able, please consider a gift in any amount to Lilliput today. As this crisis unfolds, we anticipate an increasing need for our services. With school closures, we know that many of the children and families we serve are at a higher risk and need for our support. We are working tirelessly to assure that they stay healthy and safe.
With your gift, these are some examples of how they will help:
• $50 Purchase essential supplies and materials to prevent spread of the virus.
• $100 4 meals for a family sheltering in place
• $250 Gift cards to grocery stores for our families who are struggling financially
• $500 Laptops so our children can complete their school work at home
• $1,000 30 hours of additional social service staff time
• $2,500 Laptops, phones, and technologies for our social workers to serve clients remotely
• $5,000 Flexible operating fund that allows flexibility to meet the critical needs of children and families
Please make the most generous gift you can today. We would be especially grateful if you would set up a monthly donation to Lilliput to ensure ongoing assistance for children and families.
I am so proud of the work of our employees. I am honored to serve at Lilliput alongside each of them—and you. When others lean out, Lilliputians lean in.
Let’s meet this challenge together with a spirit of compassion, generosity, and concern for those around us. Clean hands. Open hearts. Our children are counting on us.