FAMILY FINDER, Family Finding & Engagement Services Program - El Dorado County
You: Committed to promoting the welfare and safety of children.
You: Enjoy daily variation in work your schedule.
You: Seek to effect system-wide change through the pursuit of social justice.
You: Helping with crisis situations.
You: Highly motivated and committed to improving your practice via continuous professional development.
We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a FAMILY FINDER to be based out of our Cameron Park office.
FAMILY FINDER - How You Will Help
In this role as a FAMILY FINDER, you will provide intensive relative search and engagement techniques to identify family and other close adults for children in foster care, and to involve them in developing and carrying out a plan for the emotional and legal permanency of a child.:
- Work under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, to provide services in our Family Finding and Engagement Program.
- Utilize Family Search and Engagement model to find prospective kin-caregivers/NREFM.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to engage and establish rapport and trust with as families, including multi-generational families in diverse communities.
- Utilize Family Search and Engagement model to solicit the interest and commitment of kin/NREFM to be a part of the youth’s life.
- Identify potential relative placements and support networks for youth including working with specialized supports such as WRAP and FFT (functional family therapy).
A successful FAMILY FINDER in this role is someone who will work to build and maintain a cohesive relationship to facilitate a plan to lead to a permanent placement.
FAMILY FINDER - You Must Have
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma, grief, and loss on a child involved in the child welfare system and its impact on placement and permanency goals.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize.
- The candidate should be flexible, dynamic and punctual, with the ability to work independently and on some evenings/weekends.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all agency departments and county partners to ensure consistent application of agency policy and procedures and excellent service delivery to clients.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- An alignment with the mission of our organization that children belong in loving, stable and lifelong families.
FAMILY FINDER - You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Two years of experience with the child welfare system and kinship families.
- Familiarity with Family Search and Engagement model.
- Assessment, case management and treatment techniques for children, families.
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position may require occasional evening/weekend work. Flex time is provided in order to accommodate the occasional shift in schedule.
We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
LEARN ABOUT LILLIPUT FAMILLIES
Lilliput Families is Northern California’s premier domestic Child Adoption, Kinship and Placement Organization, serving families from approximately 30 counties. Last year alone, we successfully found lifelong homes for more than 500 children.
Since we opened our doors in 1980, we have helped over 9,000 children in foster care find their life long families.
Lilliput has achieved accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This means our programs, services, administration, and management have been rigorously evaluated and meet best practice standards.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.