FAMILY SPECIALIST, BUTTE COUNTY (32 Hours)
You: Value relationships that can last a lifetime by focusing on family dynamics.
You: Enjoy daily variation in work your schedule.
You: Seek to improve the quality of life for families.
You: Highly motivated and committed to improving your practice via continuous professional development.
We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a FAMILY SPECIALIST to be based out of our Chico office.
FAMILY SPECIALIST - How You Will Help
In this role as a Family Specialist, you will work with families whose children are at risk of entry into foster care, family preservation and intensive family reunification.:
- Determines a short-term, intensive course of action and prioritizes the needs and concerns identified by the family and referral source. Builds rapport and support families while going through the family preservation process.
- Establishes and maintains contact with community service providers.
- Provides flexible, in-home support, parent coaching and mentoring.
- Provides ongoing case management.
- Act as a liaison with other community agencies.
- Maintains records of all services provided and documents all assessments, meetings, decisions and reports.
- Facilitates support and educational groups utilizing evidence based educational training in program related areas.
- Determines a short-term, intensive course of action and prioritizes the needs and concerns identified by the family and referral source.
A successful FAMILY SPECIALIST in this role is someone who will work to build and maintain cohesive relationships with families while simultaneously working effectively within the agency and social work community at large.
FAMILY SPECIALIST - You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Child Development or related field.
- Ability to use both Spanish and English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone and in writing.
- Mastery of the English language including the ability to edit and ensure grammatical correctness of written materials in English.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of community resources and the ability to effectively engage families.
- Required to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, employees and the public.
- Ability to relate and work with persons of diverse culture and/or economic background.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary for this position including some evenings and/or weekends.
FAMILY SPECIALIST - You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Experience in facilitating parenting classes and in-home family support desired.
- Two years’ experience in child welfare.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention, substance abuse and/or mental health treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of Solution focused interviewing, Safety Organized Practice (SOP), the Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP) and the Protective Factors a plus.
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position may require occasional evening/weekend work. Flex time is provided in order to accommodate the occasional shift in schedule.
We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.