We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a FAMILY SPECIALIST to be based out of Martinez Office.
FAMILY SPECIALIST - How You Will Help
In this role as a Family Specialist, you will assist by providing support:
- Collect documentation and provide education on foster care/resource family approval process
- Educate families so they understand and can navigate through the juvenile court process
- Provide in home support to family and children
- Identify when resources are needed and assist with linkage and referral
- May attend and instruct planned training for families
- Assist and support families who have received emergency placement as they complete the resource family approval (RFA) process
- Supervise child and family visits, including transporting
- Respond to and support families during crisis situations
- A successful FAMILY SPECIALIST will work many families concurrently, have flexible schedule and collaborate closely with internal and external team members.
FAMILY SPECIALIST- You Must Have
- >Bachelor’s degree in Social Work degree
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- An alignment with the mission of our Organization that children belong in loving, stable and lifelong families
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage and establish rapport and trust with families, including multi-generational families in diverse communities
- Excellent written communication skills
FAMILY SPECIALIST- You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Prior experience in a child welfare role (kinship or foster care experience an added bonus!)
- Prior experience working through the juvenile court process Bilingual (Spanish)
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position may require occasional evening/weekend work. Flex time is provided in order to accommodate the occasional shift in schedule. We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.