We are common people
achieving uncommon results.
Raquel Gonzalez is a trusted field worker in the Kinship Support Services Program, working out of our Auburn office. You can typically find her assisting with adoption/guardianship paperwork, filing papers in court, attending court hearings, conducting home visits and assisting families in any way possible. Read More.
Cassandra Collins is a key member of Lilliput’s RFA program, at our main office in Citrus Heights. She works with resource families after they’ve completed the RFA process, matching prospective parents with children. She literally brings families together for a living. Read more.
It All Started With A Dream
Founder Bill Fuser envisioned a better way to serve children in foster care & families by bridging the gap between the public & private sectors.
Our programs & initiatives provide a strong foundation for children & their families, & ensure that children who enter the foster care system are placed with lifelong families as quickly as possible.
SINCE WE OPENED OUR DOORS IN 1980, WE HAVE HELPED OVER 9,000 CHILDREN IN FOSTER CARE FIND THEIR LIFE LONG FAMILIES.
WE ARE FACING A CRISIS.
There are nearly 65,000 children in California’s foster care system. Over 16,000 of these children have been hoping to find a lifelong family for three years or more.
“THE WORLD NEEDSDREAMERS WHO DO.”
The Pillars To Our Success, our Core Values
- Inclusive - We stand up in support of equity and social justice, and we stand against injustice and racism. We strive to build an equitable world for our clients and staff.
- Empathetic - We seek to develop a deeper understanding of our children and families. We work to embed empathy into our decision-making, interactions, and actions.
- Collaborative - We can’t do it alone and we must do it together. We work in partnership to address the holistic needs of children and families.
- Whatever it takes - We never give up. We will always be there for our children and their families.
- Innovative - We are agile and forward-thinking. We continually seek out better ways to help children and families thrive.
- Driven - We take every opportunity to move forward in our strategic direction and to create meaningful change.
- Family - We provide families with a supportive community and resources so they can thrive. We want every child to grow up in a loving family.