Office & Play Care volunteers perform clerical duties for the office on an as-needed basis, and provide a welcoming, safe, nurturing environment for children in a play care setting.
• Greet visitors and callers, route to appropriate personnel.
• Receive, open, date-stamp and route mail and incoming faxes. Address and process outgoing mail.
• Set up and break down of workshops, support groups, trainings and other events held by the agency.
• Compile or update binders, folders and packets upon request and by deadline.
• Maintain office supplies and machines including but not limited to keeping supplies stocked, clearing counter of debris, keeping machines full of paper and powering on and off machines at the start and stop of the business day respectively.
• Assist staff with office equipment such as the copy, fax and postage machine.
• Print, copy, fold, label, sort and mail bulk mailings in accordance to instructions delivered with file and within the specified timeframe.
• Supervising and engaging children in recreational activities, and ensuring all children are checked in and out of play care according to agency protocols.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Microsoft Word and Excel. (Microsoft Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint is preferred.)
• Work with and maintain sensitive/confidential information.
• Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
• Operate office equipment including telephones, calculators, copiers and fax machines.
• Have demonstrated patience and flexibility when working with children.
• Possibly sitting for extended periods of time.
• Lift 20 lbs. as/if needed.
Qualifications: Must meet required health screening (TB test) and criminal record clearances.
Qualified applicants may e-mail their resume and references to Careers@lilliput.org