SOCIAL WORKER, Contra Costa County
Family Evaluation Program
You: Helping give children stability and safety.
You: Providing support to families that need your help.
You: Facilitating permanent and stable homes for children.
You: Helping with crisis situations.
You: The conductor orchestrating the many moving parts to make this happen.
You: Are the lifeline.
We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a SOCIAL WORKER to work remotely based out of our Antioch office.
SOCIAL WORKER - How You Will Help
In this role as a SOCIAL WORKER, you will assist families and children by providing education and support including:
- Conduct family evaluations for prospective resource families
- Help stabilize children who are placed in kin/non-kin placements through child welfare
- Educate families so they understand and can navigate through the juvenile court process
- Identify when resources are needed and assist with coordinating and obtaining resources
- Assist families who have received emergency placement as they complete the resource family approval (RFA) process
- Collaborate with county social workers and provide in-home visits, safety and risk assessments and progress reports
- Complete the written assessments in a 45-day timeframe.
A successful SOCIAL WORKER in this role is someone who provides key assessments of families within a geographical area near their home office, providing vital support services, and/or a combination of other program support activities such as written assessments and training.
SOCIAL WORKER - You Must Have
- MSW (Master of Social Work) degree (preferred), or MA/MS in Psychology, Child Development, Marriage, Child and Family Counseling
- Experience working within the Child Welfare system in some capacity.
- Knowledge of foster care, adoption and trauma informed care Strong time management skills including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize >
- An alignment with the mission of our Organization that children belong in loving, stable and lifelong families
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage and establish rapport and trust with families, including multi-generational families in diverse communities>
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience completing home studies (SAFE is preferable), RFA assessments, or something equivalent.
SOCIAL WORKER - You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Prior experience in a child welfare role (kinship or foster care experience an added bonus!)
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Prior experience working with the juvenile court process
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position may require occasional evening/weekend work. Flex time is provided in order to accommodate the occasional shift in schedule.
We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.