SOCIAL WORKER (PART -TIME)
You: Helping give children stability and safety.
You: Providing support to families that need your help.
You: Facilitating permanent and stable homes for children.
You: Helping with crisis situations.
You: The conductor orchestrating the many moving parts to make this happen.
You: Are the lifeline.
We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a SOCIAL WORKER to be based out of our SANTA ROSA office.
SOCIAL WORKER - How You Will Help
In this role as a SOCIAL WORKER, you will assist families and children by providing education and support including:
- Conduct family evaluations for prospective resource families.
- Identify when resources are needed and identify resources.
- Complete the written assessments in a 40-day timeframe.
- Collaborate with county social workers and provide in-home interviews, safety and risk assessments.
- Educate families so they understand and can navigate through the resource family approval process and make referrals.
A successful SOCIAL WORKER in this role is someone who provides key assessments of families within a geographical area near their home office, providing vital support services, and/or a combination of other program support activities such as written assessments and training.
SOCIAL WORKER - You Must Have
- MSW (Master of Social Work) degree (preferred), or MA/MS in Psychology, Child Development, Marriage, Child and Family Counseling
- Experience working within the Child Welfare system in some capacity.
- Knowledge of foster care, adoption and trauma informed care Strong time management skills including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- An alignment with the mission of our Organization that children belong in loving, stable and lifelong families
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage and establish rapport and trust with families, including multi-generational families in diverse communities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience completing home studies (SAFE is preferable), RFA assessments, written reports or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
SOCIAL WORKER - You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Prior experience in a child welfare role (kinship or foster care experience an added bonus!)
- Prior experience working with the juvenile court process
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position may require occasional evening/weekend work. Flex time is provided in order to accommodate the occasional shift in schedule.
We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
LEARN ABOUT LILLIPUT FAMILIES
Lilliput Families is Northern California’s premier domestic Child Adoption, Kinship and Placement Organization, serving families from approximately 30 counties. Last year alone, we successfully found lifelong homes for more than 500 children.
Since we opened our doors in 1980, we have helped over 9,000 children in foster care find their life long families.
Lilliput has achieved accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This means our programs, services, administration, and management have been rigorously evaluated and meet best practice standards.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.