VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST, YOLO COUNTY
You: Helping give children stability and safety.
You: Providing support to families that need your help.
You: Facilitating permanent and stable homes for children.
You: Helping with crisis situations.
You: The conductor orchestrating the many moving parts to make this happen. You: Are the lifeline.
We: Are looking for YOU.
We are currently seeking a VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST to be based out of our WOODLAND and WEST SACRAMENTO offices.
VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST - How You Will Help
In this role as a VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST, you will assist families and children by providing education and support including:
- Facilitate visitation in a variety of settings such as the parents’ home, community and/or visitation office
- Provide ongoing assessment of parent interaction with their child and utilize coaching and supportive feedback to the parent in order to increase their knowledge of positive/safe parenting skills
- Help parents’ increase the use of alternative parenting strategies that highlight their strengths and enhance the parent/child relationship
- Increase parents’ knowledge of age-appropriate developmental expectations
- Support families and children during the reunification process and/or other planned permanency arrangements as they are determined
A successful VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST is someone who facilitates approximately 25 hours of direct visitation per week within a geographical area near their home office. The VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST will be comfortable in providing vital coaching, mutual goal setting and support to parents, and implementing trauma-informed and culturally sensitive interventions that increase safe and nurturing interactions between parents and children.
VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST – You must have:
- BSW (Bachelor’s of Social Work) or equivalent experience required.Equivalent experience is defined as another Bachelor’s degree and two years of work in a similar position or at least four years of work in a similar position.
- Knowledge of positive and safe parenting skills
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- An alignment with the mission of our organization that children belong in loving, stable and lifelong families
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage and establish rapport and trust with families, including multi-generational families in diverse communities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to transport children in personal vehicle
- Availability evenings and Saturdays to facilitate visitation
VISITATION COACH SPECIALIST - You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Prior experience in a child welfare role (kinship or foster care experience an added bonus!)
- Prior experience working in the juvenile court process
- Knowledge of Protective Factors and Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP) Framework
You must meet all health screening, drug testing and background investigation clearances, as well as possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have an acceptable DMV record and reliable transportation.
In order to accommodate the schedules of some families, this position requires availability in evenings and Saturdays and some flexibility on schedule changes. We offer 100% paid healthcare insurance, competitive pay, retirement savings plans and paid time off. In addition, we offer schedule flexibility to work with your life goals and the families you will support.
Thank you for your interest in Lilliput Families. To apply for this position please complete the form and attach your resume. If your qualifications match the position requirements, we will be in touch. For further assistance please email Careers@lilliput.org.